Current COVID-19 Policy
At the Fox, we are dedicated to fostering a safe workplace in a public-facing organization within an industry that is connected to travel, large scale gatherings, and other factors that are known to be high-risk for spread of COVID-19.
The Fox Tucson Theatre’s COVID-19 Preparedness Plan follows performing arts and event safety industry guidance and guidance developed by the State of Arizona, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Arizona Department of Health (AZDHS), state and federal occupational safety and health statutes, rules and standards, Arizona’s relevant and current Executive Orders, and Pima County Health guidance. The procedures and protocols in this plan will be reviewed and updated frequently as local conditions and public health guidelines may change.
The safety of our community, staff, touring artist partners, volunteers, and patrons is a top priority. The Fox has and will continue to follow guidance of federal, state, and local health officials. In context of rising transmission levels of Delta variant and substantial spread level in Pima County; per the most recent CDC recommendations (July 27, 2021) and Pima County Health Department guidance (July 28, 2021), all persons are strongly urged to wear a mask when indoors in public settings, regardless of vaccination status.
Effective with events that take place on or after September 20, 2021 and until further notice in accordance with these recommendations, and the specific operating circumstances of the Fox Tucson Theatre as an indoor, 1164 seat capacity theatre, The Fox:
- Requires all patrons to show proof of either full vaccination against COVID-19 or a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 72 hours prior to attendance. Tests must be from a medical facility or lab. At-home test results will not be accepted. The Fox’s preferred documentation for proof of vaccination status is the “digital vaccine card” on the CLEAR app. This app can be downloaded from the Apple Store or the Google Play Store. The presentation of your original vaccination card or a clear picture along with a government issue photo ID will also be accepted.
- Cautions individuals who cannot or choose not to be vaccinated against attending.
- Requires all patrons, regardless of vaccination status, to wear a mask while attending events at the Fox, except for short periods when actively eating or drinking.
- Requires all on-site staff and volunteers to wear masks at public indoor events hosted by the Fox.
- Requires staff and volunteers with responsibilities that require them to work with the public and/or touring companies to be fully vaccinated.
- Requires staff without public facing responsibilities who are not fully vaccinated to adhere to appropriate alternate health and safety precautions, individually arranged with supervisor.
- Uses signage, announcements, know-before-you-go emails, and web information to reinforce vaccination or negative test requirement and mask recommendations with all patrons.
- Leverages security teams and ushers to remind guests of current safety protocols.
- Asks that anyone experiencing symptoms stays home.
- Offers enhanced return, exchange, or credit policy for ticket holders who may be ill or who may be concerned about personal safety.
Additional operational changes related to increased health and safety measures include:
- Increased air filtration
- Electrostatic mist disinfectant cleaning
- Regularly placed hand sanitizer stations accessible to employees, artists, and patrons
- Regular sanitizing of high-touch surfaces
- Print-at-home and phone scanned ticketing
- Pre-ordering of concessions encouraged
- Stand-alone air filtration devices in working areas of the theatre, including backstage, and dressing rooms
- A designated COVID compliance officer for production and front of house areas
We thank you for the enthusiasm you bring to the safe return of live music in our lives!
*All policies are subject to updates and revisions as conditions warrant and public health guidance may change.