· When? Tuesday 4/21 at 10:30 AM, for 20-30 minutes (right during the “Brain Break” in TUSD’s sample learn-from-home schedule)
· Where? The Fox Tucson Theatre’s Facebook Page
· Who? Targeting PreK-4th grade, but open to everyone
Part of The Fox for Families at Home Series
With kids out of school, we know that educators are scrambling to find ways to support their students from afar. At the same time, students are dealing with a range of heightened social emotional challenges, ranging from feeling “stir crazy” or isolated, to struggling with anxiety or overwhelm.
Understanding the power of performing arts to catalyze SEL (Social Emotional Learning), the Fox Tucson Theatre’s KIT (Kids In the Theatre) Program is stepping out of the theatre and (virtually) into students’ homes to offer little weekly doses of live performing arts designed to make a difference.
These free, video streaming opportunities will bring together high energy storytelling, theatre games, and the empirically supported educational approaches of a local leader in mindfulness for schools. They will entertain students while simultaneously offering highly effective tools to help them and their households:
· Manage stress and anxiety
· Skillfully navigate the many challenging emotions swirling around
· Foster deeper connections, both within the home and to the broader community
· Positively re-frame some of the current day-to-day difficulties
Share this fun and enriching opportunity with your students, along with anyone else who may want to join in on Tuesday mornings on the Fox’s Facebook Page.